From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 05:14:04 EST
Greetings fur-slaves, and Dooks to all the kids !!

LOST FERRET RESOURCES
For those in the MULTNOMAH COUNTY OREGON area, I came across another
resource for reporting missing or found animals.  The Multnomah County
Animal Control Center has a website at:
http://www.co.multnomah.or.us/pets/

From the webiste you can file a report of missing or found animals.  You
can also search the database to see what animals have been reported found
or lost.

DoveLewis Animal Hospital also has a website which shows injured strays
that they are treating.  You can access this from the Animal Control
website or direct at
http://www.dovelewis.org/index.html

STILL MISSING
I regret to say the little fur-bandit that I have been looking for is still
among the missing.  However, I was in contact with Animal Control today.
They did have a ferret turned in to them.  They could not tell me the age
or sex, to them it looked "sable".  A quick trip down there was in order.

ANOTHER FERT FOUND
The Animal Control people indicated they had not checked the fert very
closely saying that they "didn't really handle it much.  Ferrets can be
vicious and frequently bite".  Hmmm ??  Did they get this from the CAF&G
website ???????????????

After rolling my eyes and laughing, they finally opened the cage.  Hidden
under the blankie was a female ferret.  I would consider her more of a
silver, white mitts.  and areas of almost black fur.  She was obviously
frightened and shaking.  After I held her a few minutes she calmed down and
started nuzzling to me and giving me kisses.  Quite to the shock of the
shelter volunteers !!!!!

The little girl and I had an opportunity to play "Fuzzy Ambassadors" with
the shelter personnel and some visitors.  She is really very sweet and
affectionate.  Has no tattoos or markings, seems in good health, and
appears to be neutered.

If you know of anyone in the Portland Oregon area looking for a missing
ferret (outside of me of course) please let them know about this little
girl at the shelter.  She will be held until April 1st.  If not claimed
by then she will be put up for adoption.

And yes, there is already someone on the adoption list <G>

Warm Fuzzies !!!!!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
Mist the Fer-Kat
INTRODUCING MOCHA and NIKKI !!!
Guardian Fur-Angels -
~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury~Little Boy~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts
~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!
Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                  http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
KRITTER KREW - http://hometown.aol.com/kwildheart/myhomepage/pet.html

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.