Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:16:52 EST
I read the FML message from Kathy this morning about a ferret at a ferret
expo being abused and the action sanctioned by AFA?, which I would guess
stands for American Ferret Association???  Or was it one AFA person who
thought it was allright to abuse an animal?

I do not know Kathy and was not there, but I personally thank her for
calling this to every persons attention.  Smacking a ferret in the face
and pulling his whiskers is horrendous behaviour to me.  I feel so sorry
for the ferrets under this persons "care" if these allegations are true.

I tried mailing Kathy and my e-mail bounced for some reason.  Kathy, I am
seriously considering buying a ferret from a breeder around early July and
was going to post of this shortly.  PLEASE e-mail me the name of the
breeder that is abusive to ferrets.

I promise you that I will tell or write no one what you chose to divulge to
me.  I will leave that up to you if ever that is what you decide to do.

I do not want to purchase an expensive ferret that is going to have
emotional scarring.  I was thinking of getting one that had been loved
consistently and well cared for from a breeder.  If I was to get an abused
animal, I would ask for a sad abused ferret at my shelter: which I may
also do.

Also, if there are others of you who have had good or bad experiences with
breeders-I would want a silver mitt that is litter box trained and ferret
friendly.  Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
My deepest prayers go to all abused animals this morning-
May God send them to heaven and His love.
And may He sit in judgement of those hurting  animals.

Lisette