From:
Cheri Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:31:42 CST
All the recent discussion on the list of Iams and food ingredients has
gotten me doing a little web-based research, which has turned up an
interesting option I've never seen mentioned here.  Has anyone ever tried
"Home Made 4 Life" ferret food?  It's apparently a complete food, made
from raw, human-grade chicken or lamb meat combined with other fresh, raw
ingredients, and sold frozen.  I found it at:

http://www.pets4life.com/h4l.html

They make foods for cats, dogs, and ferrets, and will even formulate
special needs diets.

As for Iams and Eukanuba - I've been feeding my weasels a mix of Totally
Ferret and Eukanuba Kitten, sometimes some Iams Kitten tossed in.  I am
by no means an expert on ferret nutrition, and from reading the
ingredients/nutrition information on the bags I can't see why Totally
Ferret is better than Eukanuba - the first ingredient on the TF bag is
chicken by-product, where in Eukanuba it is chicken.  Unless the way the
ingredients are listed is deceiving, the Eukanuba seems to be higher in
meat-based ingredients as well.  Can someone better educated in this matter
please enlighten me?  Thanks :)

Cheri, Chadley, Poo, Oona, Alex the dog and the seven high-stepping kitties