From:
Susan Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:55:19 EST
Rabbits v. ferts:
I used to go to a friends house with my three ferts.  He has a rabbit.
Once Tally got too near, the rabbit banged the front of her cage with both
her paws and Tally took off like lightning.  He was very frightened.  It's
up to you but personally, I wouldn't.  It upsets both ferret and rabbit.

Fleas:
>She said at nite to plug a nite light into a wall socket at night and put
>a pan of water under it.

Fleas jump at movement so if you can engineer a way to move something in
front of the light, you'll catch even more!

Collars:
I would like to know how many people have the little collars w/ bells for
their ferrets.

I use harnesses instead of collars as I don't feel collars are particularly
safe.  The bells are an absolute must.  My lot don't seem to mind the sound
at all.  They always wear the harnesses etc outside, even if I am at a
friend's house.  You just have to be particularly vigilant when they're
not wearing them as my ferts become silent, gliding ghosts when 'naked'!.

Sorry this has been such a long posting -- I've been catching up.

Luv Susan, Tally, Bailey and Fane