From:
"Capt. Nodrog" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 09:26:59 -0500
I was glad someone wrote about waking up a dead ferret, that is, one that
was so asleep that it fully seemed dead.  THis happened to me just this
week for the first time.  Byte-me got under the love seat, one of her
favorite hide-outs..  had rolled herself up in a 'stolen shirt' like a
jelly roll, and was asleep in there.  I found her, un-rolled the lump,
and she was totally limp.  First thought was she was dead, and that rigor
mortis had not yet set in.  I rolled her about, picked her up, felt for
tumors and odd bone structure to see what may have caused it all, and she
began chewing on my fingers as she does when she is happy to see me.  This
animal was no more alive when I first found her than the shirt was... I
could do almost anything with her, and she was totally out of it!  Had no
idea what was going on and obviously didn't care!  I had assumed the worst,
and was looking for a reason.  Next time, will quickly grab the nail
clippers and go to town on her!  Ha!  Take that Byte-me!  Scare me like
that, you'll get your nails trimmed!!!!