From:
Silver Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:55:45 -0500
It's almost 4 a.m. and I have had very little sleep, for worrying about my
girl.  Well she had her right eye removed and Dr. Cathy found a large
pocket of gel like stuff, behind the eyeball.  It was kinda clear and blood
tinged and smelled really bad.  Now Dr. Cathy thinks it is an abcess, or
maybe there is a remote chance that it was some kind of tumor.  Anyway, we
are having it sent away to be tested.  The nurse in me has to know what it
is.  It was $65 extra to send it away, but I have to know if there was
anything malignant back there.  Dr. Cathy thinks that if it is an abcess,
it could have happened very quickly.  I have been beating myself up,
thinking that if it was a tumor, I should have noticed a gradual swelling.
Another thing that makes Cathy think it was an abcess, was the fact that
her lower jaw was swollen and the back of her throat was red and smelly.
Wayne feels better thinking that it was not an injury.  He has been beating
himself up thinking he shouldn't have left them out, when he went to bed.

Cathy left a drain in, so if any more fluid does build up back there, it
will drain away and not cause more swelling and maybe break her stitches.
Now I know what people mean when they say their ferret looks like
Frankenferret.  We have to go back to have the drain removed in 4-5 days
and then again in 12-14 days to have the stitches removed.  She is also on
Septra, just in case it is an abcess.  She is resting quietly in a separate
cage.  She is eating, drinking and pooping OK, although her poop is still
ranging from soft to seedy.  I'm beginning to think that is going to be the
norm for her now.

Moxy got her lupron shot today.  She got 900 mcg which is double what they
gave her in Guelph.  We, or should I say Dr. Cathy finally got Dr. Kramer
from Guelph to answer her.  They shipped the lupron yesterday, it arrived
in Barrie this morning and it was still frozen at 5 this evening, when Moxy
got it.  Of coarse our dear vet, warmed it up first, then gave it to her.
Moxy has a basal cell tumor growing back on her right shoulder.  We have
put her on some prednisone for a short while.  Apparently Dr.Cathy has
another ferret patient who is very similar to Moxy in many ways.  She had
a lot of itching after her first lupron shot so they gave her prednisone.
She also had a basal cell tumor on her left shoulder.  After she took the
pred.  the tumor went away on it's own.  We are giving it a try with Moxy,
to see if it works the same way on her.

I'm off to bed now.  I sure hope I sleep better tonight.  Last night I had
nightmares about Mitzy's eye, and I couldn't shake the image of it bulging
out as she lay on the examining table.  Actually, I still can't, so I
really pray I can sleep.Bye for now and Thanks for your support.

Sally St. Germain and her 12 "Little Saints."
Hi.....my name is Sally.....I am a ferret-aholic!!!!!