From:
donna sparks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:55:11 -0800
We have the fine FAQ and are doing most of those things.  Donna quips that
i'm taking more medicine than her 91 year old father, but then, relatively
speaking, i am a 91 year old ferret-- I'm 9.  It's been a year since the
initial diagnosis and not too bad a year.

Harder on my humans than on me.  At first i'd have a 'crisis' every month
or two, then monthly, now almost weekly.  But an extra shot (not oral, like
my routine medication) of lasix and some oxygen to breathe get me back on
my feet within a day.  What about that oxygen?  is it a placebo effect or
are there other precidents for its use?  any evidence that it would help as
a 'preventive'?  (we saw one reference to 'oxygen therapy'.) My vet, Dr.
Deeb, says i should be kept quiet and unstressed, but like Donna's Dad, I
say 'to hell with that!'-- when i can breathe, i can run.!

Augie  (loved by Donna and Ray)