From:
Janice k <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:42:53 -0800
I send out my heart to Judy for her lost Jewel.  Nobody blames you.  It was
a simple mistake that any of us could have made- a mistake I have made.
This brings up a VERY important point that everyone should follow.

Check your house before letting your ferrets run free-

-check that the doors are shut(and locked if you have people running in
 and out)
-check that the toilet seat is down
-check that the tub is empty in fact even shut the door
-check that the chemicals under the kitchen/bathroom sink are not acessible
-and pets that may hurt your ferret are outside

and anything else that you know might harm your ferrets

We all have to check everything in our house before we let out babies
out-everything.  They are just curious and we must make sure they are
safe.please do ALL of these things before you let your ferrets out, it will
be worth it the one day you find the back door open, or an antifreeze spill
that you wouldnt have noticed unless you checked.  your ferrets life is
worth the 40seconds it takes, and so is the grief of knowing you could have
prevented it.