From:
Jaclyn Vanderhoef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 05:53:08 -0800
Hi all!

Keep an eye on your Iams ingredients and analysis charts!!!

I was at Concord Pet Foods and Supplies in DE a few days ago trying to find
a good food for our new dog.  The manager there gave me some interesting
info on Iams foods.  As many of you may have noticed, Iams is now selling
their products at many supermarkets.  Well, this may be convenient but
there are certain side effects to this.  According to the gentleman at
Concord Pet, Iams has been bought by Proctor & Gamble and to stay
competitive in the grocery store market will be lowering quality standards
and prices and changing packaging.  None of these changes have occurred
yet, but please, for the sake of your fuzzies' health, keep an eye on the
Guaranteed Analysis charts each time you buy a new bag.  Perhaps, keep a
current chart to compare with future bags.  I know my memory isn't good
enough to recall the exact numbers! :)

Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child
as it is to the caterpillar.

-Bradley Miller, Founder, Humane Farming Association