From:
Erika Matulich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 11:42:00 -0800
Hi!  I live next to a Florida swamp where ticks and fleas are a year-round
problem.  I use Frontline Topspot for cats and kittens -- a half dose,
which is 12 drops.  It lasts for 45-60 days.  I did some research with
the manufacturers of these drop-application products and found that the
toxicity levels of Frontline was far lower than that of Advantage, and
Advantage doesn't kill ticks.  Frontline has been recommended by both my
vets in Texas and Florida as being the safest for ferrets.  None of my
ferrets had a reaction, but just in case, I started out with the overall
body spray (which is less concentrated).  The ferrets really hated being
sprayed, so I switched to the neck drop as soon as possible!  My ferrets
run around in an outside enclosure when they want, and I have lots of fun
watching fleas jump on the ferrets and then fall off, paralyzed.  My mother
liked this so much, that when I topspot the ferrets, she will borrow them
to run around her back porch to "sweep up" and kill the fleas.

- Erika Matulich and the Terrific Ten