From:
Diane Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:57:53 -0900
I have a shelter in Fairbanks but have not found the time to get a non
profit status yet.  Many shelters have gone the extra mile and recieved
their non profit status.  Over the last several weeks, I have found out
just how easy it is to help support those shelters by spending money that I
was going to have to spend anyway.  First, pick a shelter and sign up for i
Give with that shelter as you rdesignated charity.  Do your 5 clicks a day.
I only takes a minute.  They get 1 penney for each click each day.  But...
when you buy something through i give, the amount increases to 4 pennies.
Big difference.  I have a day care and needed some portable cribs replaced.
I checked on i Give and found the exact cribs I could have bought locally
for about 2 dollars more, plus Ferret Family Services got 5 % of my
purchase total.  Only 5% of 112.00 but every little bit counts.

Please before you go and buy something from your local pet store or any
store, check to see if it avavilable through the i Give mall.  I did the
same thing with the Bark collar I was going to buy for my rowdy barking
dog.  Cost me 2 dollars more to order through i Give by the time I paid
shipping, big deal.  I recieved the cribs in 3 working days and the collar
was ordered yesterday and will be here by weeks end.  I know that sometimes
it is easier to impulse buy and do it locally.  But for the sake of those
shelters and the very high vet bills that we end up with, try to do your
shopping in a manner that will benefit you both.  In the end, the shelter
budget is easier to meet, and the ferrets get the care they need, not the
care that the shelter operator can afford.  It is an awful feeling to know
that there are better treatment options available for the animals in your
care , but you cannot afford them.

Thanks,
Diana and The Ferret Farm