From:
Kathy Osburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:38:42 -0800
Hi all,
I just read Sukie's description of the next Modern Ferret magazine and I'd
love to get hold of one.  Does anyone know where they are sold or do you
have to have a subscription?  Our local Petsmart seems to only carry a
magazine that is just called "Ferrets" which seems to be okay too but I'd
like chance at Modern Ferret.

Thanks for any assistance any of you can give!

By the way, it looks like Bandit is going to have a new playmate!!!  A few
days ago, a Panda (named Panda) was listed on FML as being available for
adoption in Washington state.  I contacted Charleen and she passed me on to
Liane who is holding Panda for me until we can get over there this weekend
to meet her.  She sounds fantastic and we are looking forward to maybe
being adopted once again by a fuzzy!  :) I know I need to isolate for a
while but can someone tell me how long is truly necessary?  We only have
one cage and no really good place to put another.  I'd hate to keep her
locked up in a bathroom when we have such a wonderful playroom available.
Both ferrets will be about 7 months old and have their vaccinations (Bandit
has all hers but Panda's are not known) before they are introduced.  Will
it really be necessary to keep them separate?  We were thinking of taking
Bandit with us to the shelter to meet some other ferrets but I worry if
that is safe when I know you are supposed to quarantine before introducing.
I would appreciate any advice on this!

Thanks to you all about the wonderful stories and the sharing that happens
here!

Hey, do all these fuzzy critters go backwards off furniture?  Bandit is
our first and we love watching her go backwards over the edge of the couch
or chair to get down but don't know if this is normal behavior or not -
especially after reading about the ones going head first climbing down from
the top of their cages!

Happy dooking - which Bandit doesn't do :( Maybe with a playmate she will
"talk"!

Kathy