From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 2 Jun 2000 16:05:15 -0700583_- Thanks for all of the wondering suggestions about making a blockade to keep
my ferrets out of my box springs. My step-dad used about three layers of
indusrial-strength plastic sheeting. Then, he duck taped and stapled it to
the bottom of the box springs. After that, he layed about 20 wooden slats
of wood across the bed frame. That should keep them from even being able
to push the wooden pieo that the shelter that the proceeds usually go to, still gets
the same amount. [...]44_21Apr200022:33:[log in to unmask] 0004 30219 17 15_Help please....14_Sherry [log in to unmask], 21 Apr 2000 21:05:56 EDT424_- Hi ! I would like to ask that people send me ideas for toys I can do at
home for my fuzzy friends. I have seven ferts. and am running out of
things to keep them active and excited. I've heard of a rice box but have
no idea how it works or even how to make one now. Anything that has been
tried and tested would be greatly appreciated by me + Klondike, Tigger,
Jessie, Bandit, China, Jake, & Rosie. [...]37_21Apr200021:05:[log in to unmask] 0004 30237 40 28_Pet stores and young ferrets11_siani [log in to unmask], 21 Apr 2000 09:27:29 -0400709_- >From: Michelle Henry <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Pet stores and young ferrets
>
>>From: Nancy Brenny <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Pet stores and young ferrets
>
>I know I am including other animals in my reply and I hope no one minds. I
>felt it was necessary as the poster I am replying to referred to ferrets
>*and* other animals.
>
>>Ferrets, like other animals are separated from their mother and siblings
>>at a young age. One of the biggest reasons is because they will start
>>inbreeding if you don't separate them.
>
>Since when does a ferret start inbreeding at 6 or [...]38_21Apr200009:27:[log in to unmask] 0004 30278 18 26_Path Valley Does [log in to unmask], 21 Apr 2000 09:47:31 -0400488_- My very first ferret Nala was from Path Valley. I went to Path Valley and
picked her out ... beats a pet store any day. They do have a guarantee and
not only for health problems. Nala was a little nippy when I got her and
since she was my very first ferret it scared me a bit. I called PF and
they said I could return her. Well it had only been a week or so but I was
already in love so I couldn't return her. They told me how to stop her
nippyness with a tap on [...]48_21Apr200009:47:[log in to unmask] 0004 30297 47 17_Path Valley Farms11_Mary [log in to unmask], 21 Apr 2000 13:22:33 -0500484_- >From: Todd Leuthold

I got my Alpha Ferret--Fuzzer--from a local pet store (the only one that I
got from a pet store) and found that he was a Path Valley Farms ferret. I
wanted to know his exact birthday and contacted the farm. They found his
records (knew his color, features, etc., so I *know* they got the right
ferret!) and gave me his birthdate. The people I talked with were very
friendly and seemed to know a great deal about ferrets in general [...]48_21Apr200013:22:[log in to unmask] 0004 30345 33 24_Path Valley Farm ferrets19_Tracey & Bil [log in to unmask], 21 Apr 2000 19:17:11 -0500574_- My first pair of ferrets I purchased a year ago as little kits directly
from Path Valley Farms. A little marked white female, Fizz, and a little
silver mitt female, Rickey. Both were shipped to me, arrived in great
shape, and are just wonderful ferrets! I have had no problems with them,
and they did come with a written, one year health warrantee. Fizz is so
sweet, loves to give me kisses. Rickey is my serious girl, always busy
hiding the polar fleece toys she loves, moving them from tube to tube.
I wouldn't have a problem taking in anot
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 09:08:57 -0400
My ferrets like digging in the thin layer of usually gray or black cloth
that is on the underside of the box springs.  The easiest way I found to
bed proof is to just flip the box springs over and put the mattress back on
top.  They aren't interested in digging at the thicker cloth on the upside
of the box springs.  I did this at home and I do it at hotels that I take
my fuzzies to.  I can't tell the difference in the way the bed feels when
lying on it.