From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:28:15 EDT
Been a little busy lately,but felt I should include this for those that may
go through a similar problem.Got Boris and Tashas' shots last Friday,
distemper only,since we don't have any information on them.I pre-treated
with benadryl,and everything seemed to go well.We waited the thirty minutes
and went home.I kept checking on them and all seemed okay.Since I stay up
late on vaccination days,I checked on them at 2:30 AM.They were sleeping,
but woke up to hopefully get out to play.I put both on the bed for a little
fun before lights out.Boris was fine,but Tasha had a problem moving her
hind legs.Called the vet and he said pred and more benadryl,she had
swelling in her spinal cord.Luckily,I had pediapred in the house and
immediately gave her some.Never thought having a fert with lymphoma would
be useful.One night with no sleep and 3 days of meds later,she is fine.This
was a good teacher to keep an eye on your fuzzies for a couple of days
after vaccinations.I've never seen or heard of a reaction like that,learn
something new every day.

This is a definition of a ferret as adapted from the cat.
Ferret - small,slinky homicidal fuzzball on short legs.Affects human
sensibilities to the point of endowing the most wanton and ruthless acts
of destruction and thievery with near mystical overtones of cuteness.Not
recommended for beginners.Get at least two.

Sandy and 6 small,slinky homicidal fuzzballs