From:
Jerusalem Biblical Zoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 13:16:51 +0200
Hi All - It's been a while, but things are still moving in Jerusalem,
sometimes in a very frustrating direction!  Just got a call from one of the
vets that saw the Charlie Weiss video (love that man!).  A client called
him with a 3 year old intact jill (housed since acquisition with a full
male).  The jill has never had babies - and now is totally bald with a
swollen vulva.  Vet tells client the cost of the surgery - client tells
vet "Toss her, I will buy a new one".  Thanks to caring vets, because he
contacted me and said if I would take her, he would do all required
surgery(s) for FREE!  Such a mensch!  So, ferret math of a sort has struck
and now we are six - or will be tomorrow.  Surgery is scheduled for Sunday,
and hopefully all will go well.  Belated happy 3000th to all and wish us
luck!

Bev from Jerusalem
Beverly Burge
Section Head - Hospital/Quarantine
Medical Registrar
Tisch Family Zoological Gardens in Jerusalem

Fax: 972-2-643-0122