Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 22:35:14 EST
Hi,

I have a potential problem.  I know someone who rescued 2 ferrets.  They
are a female (former breeder) and her son.  Both have now been
neutered/spayed.  They are approximately 4 and 2 years old.  They are in
miserable shape from poor housing and neglect.  I am told they are
wonderful lovers!  This person has had them for about 3 months.  Their
health is improving, but has quite a ways to go.

My problem: I have agreed to take them until they are healthy again, but
I cannot keep them after that.  I already have 7 ferrets and we will be
trying to sell our home soon.  My husband has said no more animals until
after we move (and he'd probably prefer no more then too.....).  It may be
difficult to sell the house to non-animal people anyway since we have 3
dogs and 5 cats as well as the ferrets.

Anyway, I am trying to find these 2 babies a permanent home once they are
healthy.  I expect this to take a few months, but I haven't seen them yet.
I am told that the female is in worse shape than the male and is being
supplemented.  They are being free-fed Totally Ferret as their regular
diet.

Before they go to their new home, they will be current on vaccines (they
are not now due to their poor health), and in general good health.  They do
not have any known health problems other than malnutrition.  Please let me
know if you might be able to provide a permanent home for these two.  They
must stay together.  I am currently looking for anyone in the US (where
it's legal - sorry CA).  I'll worry about getting them to you later.  I
won't ship them, but FAA might be able to help and I will be moving from
Michigan to Florida, so I will be covering a lot of states then!

Thank you!!!

Kim