Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 10:00:37 -0800
Where in my post did it state that I thought the Costco idea was bad?  I
made this post so that others could see a cheap way (free) of getting
their business recognized.

I do not understand why this was looked at as me writing "bad".

To those of you who questioned me on this post, please read it again.  No,
I do not support Modern Ferret, but that is my own personal preference.
However, NOWHERE in this post do I state that getting noticed for free
is a bad thing.  I am a Marketing Professional so I am just providing a
good idea for those who cannot afford to market themselves through
traditional sources.  I was kidding when I said anything about Costco
carrying supplies - that is why I put LOL on the end.  I would LOVE to be
able to purchase bulk supplies for my ferrets at Costco.  Again, re-read
the post.

As for my concern of Costco putting pictures of ferrets in their magazine,
I worry that someone will see it and go "oh, what a cute animal, I think I
will get one." We all know that animals often become trendy pets that end
up in shelters because they were an "impulse buy".  I just think that
putting info in without a picture would have done the job and that way, if
someone were interested in finding out what a ferret is, they would take
the time to do the research.  I would be very upset if a publication like
Mademoiselle or Glamour or Vogue, etc...put ferret pictures in without
describing how much work and dedication are involved with ownership.  I
just don't want ferrets "promoted" in this light.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but please re-read my post if you
think I was bashing profit or Modern Ferret Magazine.  That was not the
intent.  I guess I will have to explain more elaborately so that there are
no misconceptions of what I am talking about.  I was in a hurry that day,
so I apologize for any confusion that I may have caused.

I am all for FREE ADVERTISING and MARKETING and PROFITABILITY!  Trust me on
this one!