From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 21:05:14 -0500
Can't see that anyone would have been angry if they'd realized that the
Costco article wasn't about Mary and Eric; it was about couples who are
Costco customers and have unusual family businesses so M&E were among
something like 10 other couples, those with an athletic business, an
elderly couple with an arts and crafts retirement business, etc.  -- really
dangerous people :-).  Think it could make sense, though, for someone to
ask them to at some point look for customers who are involved in an
assortment of animal charities (like ferret shelters) and cover that topic
as part of their customer interviews.  Heck, why not?  It was just a
"Here's part of our customer base." article by Costco and it sounds like
it's probably part of a series on interesting customers unless they get
chastised too much and drop the idea.  Cute approach -- to let customers
see interesting fellow customers they might run into sometime in a Costco.

MC wrote:
>I find this sorta hard to buy.  Tube of Petromalt, $10.00, Large bottle of
>Ferretone, $15.00 (A guess..here in Reno it is $9.95).  The ball must have
>been one special ball.  If not, I would suggest you go back and have him
>recheck the amount..a mistake has to have been made.

Exactly right!  The cost of an item might have been misprogrammed.  Happens
all the time in grocery stores and elsewhere, too.  It's also possible that
a stock person put the wrong price tag on something, or a cashier mistyped.
There's also the multiple UPC symbol problem which can crop up anywhere.
Ran into that recently.  Bought some 12 packs of Steve's favorite soda pop
(which I won't name for fear of someone having different taste yelling <G>
-- heck, I have different taste) and found a six pack we'd never bought on
the check-out slip.  Turns out that if there's a hole in the box and a can
UPC symbol is read, too, it will throw on the price of a six pack in
addition to the 12 pack.  Places are usually very good about correcting
their errors.

About lick, lick, chomp if the object is cylindrical like a calf: that
sometimes can be from an adrenal growth setting off mating behaviors (been
there -- not doing the biting but getting it).

Don't forget that among the (very few) rules for the poetry contest is that
the poems have to come to me, too.  I have serious time constraints and
can't leaf through each FML for entries to then select, copy, and save in
the file of entries.  Think I caught one -- and wrote the author who DID
want it in, but am sure I've missed at least one more, so send them here,
too!