From:
Cheri Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:09:44 CST
My six-year-old boy, Chadley, who for the past couple of years has
appeared to be simply mellowing with age, preferring to sleep and eat to
roughhousing, has suddenly begun terrorizing my two girls.  He simply won't
leave them alone - is constantly chasing them and grabbing them by their
necks, often eliciting frightful squeals from my delicate flower, Poo (who
romps right back after him as soon as I release her from being "rescued".)
At first I thought "Great, the old boy has got some energy back" and was
glad to see him playing again.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if it's a symptom of adrenal disease, although
Chadley has experienced no hair loss or any other symptoms.  He hasn't
tried to mount the girls or anything like that, but this may just be
because they won't let him - they're quicker and more agile than he is.
Anyway, I know he's almost due for his vaccinations, so I'll ask his vet
about my concerns then.  Just wondered if anyone had any similar
experiences to share in the meantime.

As for Charlie's affection-biting Gracie, my Poo "affection-bites" too.

Although I think it's her sense of humor that you never know whether you're
going to get a real toothy nip or a soft, sweet brush of the fangs.  She
was an incorrigible nipper as a kit, though, so she's come a long way.

Cheri