From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 23:13:13 -0500
On reading more closely it turns out that the reason that the article about
Lilly and Nikki Fritz came out now is because Lilly, Nikki Fritz' ferret
family member has passed away.  The article was not released while Lilly
was alive -- thus protecting her -- which is a very kind way to handle this
sort of situation.  A person still gets to see how important was the love
shared with the ferret, the joys, and the sadness of her passing.
Therefore, I have to now say that while I'm not personally wild about
someone with a living ferret choosing to publicly come out (due to risk
for the ferret) I do think that this is a very good, decent, logical, and
loving way to handle the topic of ferrets in California.  Of course, that
is just my opinion.  I'm sure that CA F&G would like everyone in CA who
has learned how precious ferrets are to be mum for ever more.

Have to go now and read more to see what else I missed.  (Hey, I'm only
human and as fallible as the next person.)