From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask] 0001 41194 29 9_Re: Stuff9_K. [log in to unmask], 30 Jan 2000 14:12:22 -0400574_- >From: hotdish <[log in to unmask]>
>Oh, on corn cob - DON'T use it! If ferrets ingest it, it can wreak havoc
>on their digestive tract. It works great for birds, but is not for
>ferrets....

Corn cob is not all that great for birds either. Like you said, it gets
stinky. It grows mold REALLY fas if you know of one please let me
know and i will forward it to her. Also John G. can you send me your email
my puter died and i lost everything. [...]44_20Dec199914:41:[log in to unmask] 9912 29667 43 40_Hello, and I am looking to adopt a [log in to unmask], 20 Dec 1999 12:00:10 -0500550_- Hi everybody! Here's my debut into the FML community. I'm a new member of
the FML--I joined not even a week ago. I've been keeping myself in the
wings while quietly reading all of your messages, but I would really like
to introduce myself now. My name is Kelly, and I'd like to say that I am
extremely impressed with the FML. There is SO much information offered, so
many kind and good-hearted people, and so many truly caring messages. I'm
very happy to be a part of it now, and I can't believe what I was missing.
I and [...]45_20Dec199912:00:[log in to unmask] 9912 29711 17 8_Reminder10_The [log in to unmask], 20 Dec 1999 20:34:23 -0600357_- Just a reminder that;

Wild Rescues 3: Wildlife Paramedics, Ferret Rescue,
Dr.Bear will re-air on December 22 at 10:30pm and 1:30am ET on Animal
Planet. That is this Wednesday folks!

Happy Holidays to all our FML friends out there!

Dooks,

Helga
( The one who's motor runs on ferret kisses)
[Posted in FML issue 2904]36_20Dec199920:34:[log in to unmask] 9912 29729 21 30_FERRET APT. IN HAMMOND INDIANA14_Laura [log in to unmask], 20 Dec 1999 08:06:12 -0600597_- Hello and fuzzy Season's Greetings to all...

I was going to respond directly to this person, but they posted anon. I
used to live near Hammond in Merrillville in "Cloisters" Apts. and they
loved my ferrets! Cats and other small animals (like ferrets) get to live
there for no extra charge. It's right by the intersection of 61st and
Broadway so it is very easy to get to I65 from there. I would highly
recommend them. We only moved b/c my husband got transferred to Illinois.
There are only 2 large buildings in the complex with a very nice courtyard
[...]48_20Dec199908:06:[log in to unmask] 9912 29751 50 26_rescue follow up, part [log in to unmask], 20 Dec 1999 01:21:04 -0600487_- The rest of the story...I drove the 30 miles to the vet with this sweet
ferret curled up on my lap. My little Fang is not a lap ferret, so this
was a precious time for me. By the time I got to his driveway, the tears
were streaming down my cheeks. Oh how I wish now that I had turned the
truck around! I wish I could erase all of the reasons I had for not trying
to keep him myself. I won't go into all of them here, but they were valid.
I just wish I had given [...]40_20Dec199901:21:[log in to unmask] 9912 29802 45 27_CARRIES MESSAGE / FML POSTS12_Kevin [log in to unmask], 20 Dec 1999 02:39:21 EST386_- Hi and lots of love to the kritters,

I started reading the last FML with tears in my eyes. Thinking about the
posts of Rascal and Socks.

I still have tears in my eyes, for my kids and for many other reasons. I
love my kids with all my heart. Someone once wrote that 'The love in your
heart wasn't put there to stay, Love isn't Love until you give it away. [...]38_20Dec199902:39:[log in to unmask] 9912 29848 41 27_CHAPTERS OF OUR LIVES . . .12_Kevin [log in to unmask], 20 Dec 1999 19:32:34 EST600_- Hey and teary dooks to all the furkids.

First, a
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:47:00 EST
It's with very heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Jim Wilson,
webmaster for the GCFA, and long-time member and supporter of the Greater
Chicago Ferret Association.

Jim died as the result of a heart attack on Saturday, December 18th, 1999.

Gone much too soon, Jim was in his mid-forties.  Jim leaves behind his two
teenage children, daughter Amanda and son Rich.  Jim's light continues to
shine through them, in their kindness and compassion.

Anyone that met Jim quickly understood his capacity for unlimited
generosity.  He often visited the shelter and asked which ferrets were the
oldest, or had been there the longest, and adopted them.  He took home
several at a time, and usually had a head count of 30 to 50 at home.  Jim,
Amanda and Rich cared for the herd as a family.  Adopting the old and ill
ferrets often meant that their time together was short, but each ferret was
loved, cared for, cherished, and finally grieved for.

We grieve, too.

The GCFA shelter has been overcrowded for some time, and tonight many club
members are transporting Jim's ferrets to the shelter as well.  If you have
room in your heart and home, please consider adopting or fostering in
memory of Jim.

I think of Jim approaching the Rainbow Bridge, and of the multitude of
heads that will be lifted, and the eyes that will shine, and the little
legs that will be running towards him.  I think of Jim smiling.

Peace, friend.

Wilhelmina

Greater Chicago Ferret Association
P.O. Box 7093