Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 21:19:37 -0600
From:
Hi everyone!  I've cut back on my FML reading lately.  I seemed to need to
read it daily and actively participate after my boys came down with ECE and
Smidgeon died in November, but I finally can let a few days worth or even a
week or two go by without panicking!  Not that I don't enjoy it and all of
you!

My three original boys, Gherkin, Wookie, and Nougat are doing well.  Wookie
is as fat as ever (which was pretty fat!) and Nougat is sassy and back to
normal.  Gherkin gained weight in the belly, but still feels bony when you
pick him up.  He's a tough guy, though.  I'm sure he'll be around for a
while!  S'much, the new guy who innocently brought in ECE, is finally
accepted by Gherkin and Nougat.  Wookie still bullies him when he gets the
chance.  It's an improvement, though!

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced something in their ferrets-
Nougat has had a bluish-purple mark on his penis and a faint one on his
belly for about a month or so.  I took him to the vet after I noticed it
had not gone away in a few days.  The vet didn't find anything wrong,
figured it was either bruising from scraping his belly getting out of a
tight spot, being bitten by another ferret, or thin skin showing his
internals a bit as he's a silver mitt and has pale skin and fur.  He's
acting completely normal, so I'm not concerned, just curious.  There are no
children in our house, just my husband, Sushi (our dog) and the boys, so
it's not a matter of children squeezing him or anything.  Please post or
email me if you've noticed this in your ferrets too!

I'm glad to see less sad stories on the FML- I know they have their purpose
here, I'm saying I'm glad fewer bad things seem to be happening!

'Bye for now- dooks and wardances to you all (special hello to Kalaine and
Alecia!)

Dawn (me, the animal lover!)
Brian (the ever-patient and helpful hubbie)
Sushi (the Akita-Chow girl who plays tug-o-war with Nougat with the socks!)
Gherkin (the fish butt- he runs sideways, looks like a fish swimming!)
Wookie (the big man, or monkey feet, as I often call him!)
Nougat (the Little Shit or speedy)
S'much (the new guy, or fatass, as we affectionately have labeled him)
Missing sweet Smidgy- my kissy boy at the Rainbow Bridge.