Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:44:20 EST
From:
Well the histology came back and its not encouraging.  PeeDee's tumor was
diagnosed as prepucial adenocarcinoma.  The prognosis is that it will
recur(as soon as 2 months), is malignant, may metastize and is resistant to
chemo.  If it does come back, removing the prepuce and surrounding tissue
as well as rerouting his urethra are really our only options.  You couldn't
tell this by seeing PeeDee move around - he's been introduced into general
population and acted as if he had been here his entire life....Garrett, Ben
and Bandit all gave him a good sniff and then started playing.

Its a damn shame for such a forbidding prognosis is such a sweetheart of
a ferret - and will probably doom him to living here at the shelter.  Not
what I prefer to do with a 3/4 year old ferret - my goal is to be a
temporary shelter, not a permanent home.

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
http: www.ferrethaven.org
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854</A>