From:
"Simkins, Erin K" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:14:04 -0500
Just thought I would share this funny story with all of you... I know
you've all experienced stuff like this before.  My boys are particularly
good at giving a 23 year old mom gray hairs...

I was talking on the phone this past Sunday night.  The boys were running
around being goofballs as usual.  Lynx was in my coat closet causing a
ruckus so I pulled out the plastic crate to stop him from digging in the
carpet.  TADA!  He stopped and all was peachy... Well then, Tigger decides
that he wants to be IN the crate.  (He weighs in at a whopping 3.5 pounds!)
Instead of climbing up it to get in, he decided to crawl through the
opening in the sides of the crate.  I measured the opening... it's 2.25
inches tall and 1.75 inches wide!  TIGGER GOT HIS FAT BUTT STUCK!!!!!!
By the time I saw what was going on, he was already three quarters of the
way into the crate but he couldn't get the chub around his knees to go
through!!!  I IMMEDIATELY hung up the phone and tried pushing him through
but it didn't work!  He was nibbling at my hand... I know it had to be
uncomfortable... finally, I picked the crate up and flipped him upside down
and gently pulled... (yea for gravity!!) WHAT A DORK!!!!!!  No wonder I
have so many stinkin' gray hairs!!!!  Long story short?  I think I'll be
ready to have kids when the time comes... Needless to say the crate is no
longer on the floor anymore!!  I was SO mad at him for scaring me like
that!!!  Phew!!!  I get worked up just thinking about it!! :)  Now when I
look at the crate, I just laugh!!

On a more serious note, sorry to those of you who have lost your fuzzies.
My heart goes out to you all...

Much love and dooks to all,
Erin, Lynx and Tigger