From:
Kristen Herzog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:15:25 -0500
'Lo all!
Just a quick hello... Taking my boys to the vet today to receive their
shots, and I'm a little nervous.  I felt better, however, when I made a
call to the new vet I'll be seeing and was told that she has three of her
own, and there was no need for me to pre-dose w/ Benadryl 'cause she'll
take care of that.  Sounds like I might have found a ferret-friendly vet!
Yahoo!

I wanted to thank y'all for the great ferret toy ideas - the guys LOVE
the rice box I constructed.  Although I think they got a bigger kick out
of watching me lug a 50 lb.  bag of Costco rice up three flights of
stairs...damn FLO - I think I've fallen pray to a partial brainwashing -
"must...have...new... toys...and ...treats..." I tried out a shredded paper
box, too, with the same "two paws up" results.

I also have been trying to integrate some new foods into their diet to
wean them off the Iams Kitten.  (A smattering of 8in1 Ultimate and sample
of Marshall Farms food that the pet store gave me.) I'm a little worried
because it seems that in the past two days they haven't been blowing
through as much food as they used to.  I know I heard that the "output"
would be reduced with higher quality food, but what about the intake?
Did I mix in too much of the new stuff?

Thank you, FML members for your patient responses - I've owned ferrets for
almost 7 years now, and I still feel like a newbie sometimes.  It's nice to
have a source of information to fall back on sometimes... :)

-Kristen

+ Nesta & Cassidy