From:
Michelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:16:08 -0500
Hi to all ferret lovers!  My name is Michelle from Little Orphans Ferret
Shelter & Rescue in Springfield, Ohio.  I just received a letter from a
person who is trying to find a home for their two ferrets in the
Cincinnati, Ohio area or nearby.  I am unable to take them in at this time
because we are full and my husband has been "out of work" since this past
October and has just now begun a new job.  There is no way with all the
bills we owe that we can handle anymore ferrets at this time.  We already
have 4 Adrenal ferrets that are just waiting in line for their surgery and
I just don't want to spread myself or my family any thinner than I already
have.  We owe the vet over $300 and he won't even see me or talk to me
until payment is received.

If anyone out there is interested in helping out these nice people with
their two fuzzies then please write to me and I will connect the two
parties together.  Below is a cut and pasted portion of the letter I
received.  This will help explain why they have to give up their ferrets.
Thank you so much.

                  --------

Dear Shelter, I just saw your posting on "animal planets" web site and was
wondering if you could help me.  I am currently in possession of 2 male
ferrets.  "Mikey" is a neutered sable and "Roscoe" is an intact cinnamon.
My daughter owned these two guys (both are around 3 yrs.), she turned 18
and left home to go to live with my ex in another state.  My son has been
caring for them but they are not getting the attention that they need.  My
husband wants me to run a "free" ad but I am leery of the kind of people
that answer those ads and would like very much for these guys to go to good
and loving homes where they can be a much loved part of the family.  I did
write to a rescue in Cincinnati but they never bothered to answer.  We have
never had much luck getting them to use a litter box consistently and one
of them nips.  If there is any way that you can help me I would be very
grateful.

                  --------

I hope that some ferret lover on the FML has a little more room in their
heart for these two fuzzies.  I also am trying to help place a single male
3 yr old ferret named LittleFoot.  He is very loving and gentle, but is
showing the beginnings of the Adrenal Disease.  He is a good-sized sweetie
who is just now losing the hair on the lower half of his tail.  The
understanding I have is that both Mikey and Roscoe are free to a good home,
but must be kept together and LittleFoot is also free to a loving and
ferret knowledgeable home.  Please feel free to write me directly to find
out more.  Thanks once again.

Michelle