Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:42:02 EST
Yes, when I saw some of the questions I asked as a newbie, I can see, where
is she coming from.  Five ferrets later and over five hundred in shots and
illness, neuter, and a bout with bronchitis, I'm no longer a novice.  Every
penny was worth it for my business.  Yes, I would never ridicule a newbie
for any question.

To me a newbie has no time limit.  Owners who don't have/make the time
to research could be considered newbies.  We owners learn something new
every day of our ferret's lives.  No two ferrets are the same in
health/habits/play, they train us owners not the opposite.

At the time I was a newbie with a kit and no previous knowledge about older
ferrets.  Yes, I was shocked when I saw my first bald ferret The first
thing in my mind was, will this happen to my kit.  After many questions,
books and research, discovered this was due to illness.  So my fears were
ungrounded.  Also, am aware that manufacturers make sweaters to cover the
loved ones.  It keeps them warm and nicer to look at when other people are
present.  I have found that the health of an old ferret needs to be
determined by a vet if it should have surgery.  Should the ferret have more
than one illness, this would need to be taken into consideration.  Also,
anesthesia can harm the ferret.

Debbie