From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:08:55 -0600
I imagine Kathy will receive mixed reviews on her post so I wanted to back
her right away.  I wasn't there, I didn't see it, but from her description
I agree that this type of discipline is extreme.  I work with what some
call viscious (I don't believe there are any viscious biters - only
mishandled, abused, neglected, non-taught) and I would never use that type
of discipline to train the ferrets.  This isn't the first time someone has
posted about the way a ferret has been disciplined by a breeder at an AFA
affair.  Does anyone know if this is the same breeder?

Since the discipline is viewed as extreme by others, shouldn't this person,
or people, take a look at their practice?  It doesn't sound like the
breeder attempted to explain their actions to Kathy, only that excuses
were made for the breeder.  Tsk, tsk.  There is no excuse for abuse or
extreme discipline.

Anyway, if you want to flame me for my opinion feel free.  I have a delete
key too.

Thank you Kathy for speaking out.  I wish more people would.

Warm hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity