From:
T Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:10:04 EST
Hello all.  I'm going to be relocating soon from Oklahoma to Providence for
a job there.  [Already planning on renting a car to get out there instead
of flying so that the ferts don't have to deal with the ordeal of being in
a plane!]

I have a few questions regarding ferrets in RI.  To begin with, most of
the apartment communities I have phoned seem very anti-ferret.  Many say
they'll take cats, birds, etc. but no ferrets.  I explain to them that
they two of them are in a cage much of the day and supervised the hours
they are out, and that I am more than willing to pay any pet fees or
deposits.  Is this just a RI attitude or am I missing something?!  Anyone
out there living in Providence have any suggestions?

The second question is that I had heard somewhere that ferrets need to be
licensed in RI.  Is anyone aware if this is accurate and if so, how much
it costs and what it requires?  I'm beginning to think RI isn't a very
ferret-friendly state!  I hope not, because I'm really excited about this
move!

Thanks for your help.
Traci (and Parker & Presley)