From:
"Shortley, Lisa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:21:29 -0500
Hello all!
I have been trying to get a nice pic of all of my ferrets together, but it
is nearly impossible.  I loved the on top of the cage idea and will be sure
to try that now!

I have been playing with the camera - taking entire rolls of film of
ferrets only get back maybe 2-3 really nice pics.

All of my trial and error, though, has taught me a couple neat tricks for
taking good ferret pics.  The cutest thing that I learned is (you'll need
two people though and works best with 2 ferrets) this:

Have one person stay out of the picture but take a treat, ferretone in a
dropper bottle works best!  Hold the ferretone above the ferrets so that
they stand in the "begging" way - keep it out of the picture though.  The
photographer lays on the ground near them and takes the picture of the
ferrets begging - if taken at the right angle, you can make your fuzzies
look like they are dancing together!

Also, great pics involving ferrets licking their chops, give them some
ferretone and while they are still licking, click away - you are bound to
get one great pic of them with their tongue sticking out - oh so cute!
We gave also put a tiny bit of laxotone on our cheeks and take pictures of
them "kissing us".  Same works for them - give one some ferretone and the
other will go and give that one kisses to get some from its mouth - that
makes such a cute picture!

I'd love some more ideas, so pass on your tips to me!

Thanks,
Lisa, Gavin, Loco, Tasia, Nala, and Chocky