From:
Lynn Galigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:38:17 -0700
Hi Fellow FMLers,

Hugs and dooks to those who are sick and those who have crossed to the
bridge.

My little 3 1/2 yr old sprite has been sick since noon yesterday.  She has
diahhrea, and stopped eating last nite.  She has been drinking water
normally and has had some nutrical and laxatone.  She is lethargic.

We went to the vets today.  Ming Jou has some mild pain on abdominal
palpation - distended bowel and they were able to feel a tubualr
obstruction of some kind.  An x-ray was taken and we were able to see a
large C-shaped gas build-up.

We are going in tomorrow morning unless she crashes and I have to go to
er.  In the morning we will start a barium.  They are not sure what kind of
obstruction it is - foreign or not.  It appears to be in the same place as
her foreign object surgery 1 1/2 years ago.  At that time the object was
removed of course but none of the intestine.

She was given sub-q this afternoon.  Her vitals are normal.  I am supposed
to give her an inch of laxatone now and then just water.

She was such a little trooper at the vets but just wants her mommy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thankx in advance,

Lynn and Ming Jou.