From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:55:17 -0500
Hi,

Our mommy took us outside for the first time today!  Wooo whooooo it was
fun!  We've been testing the harness all week.  Mom was afraid to take us
out in it until she was absolutely SURE it wasn't going to break or we
were going to squirm out of it.

She really enjoyed it, but we can't make her understand why we had poofy
tails and chittered really loudly.  She thinks it's because we were
overwhelmed with delight and had a sensory overload, but she still wonders.
If anyone has any ideas for her, e-mail her at [log in to unmask] or reply
on the FML.

The only other thing that got her was that Eros caught a worm!  Mom was
letting us dig to China, because that's where all little ferrets want to
go, and she was laughing at Eros' dirty face when she saw him pull back.
Of course we were rooting too, but looked up to holler "Go get 'em!".
Just then, Eros bit the offending worm in half and swallowed it!

Mom screamed, which sent the neighbors running!  She is a pretty smart
mommy (if she says so herself) and knows that worms are protein and that
ferrets eat lots of meat and protein so it won't hurt.  There is no
pesticides in our yard, so surely the worm won't harm him.  Eros looked
very pleased and has shown no signs of stomach ache.  I have a feeling that
mom will watch him closely and call our doc in the morning though.  Has any
other ferts out there eat worms before?

Just thought everyone would like to hear the latest of our great adventures
out doors!  Mom is even considering some sort of play pen outside for us so
she can take more than two at a time and we can all be a little freer.
We'll see!

Luna  (Poof!  What the heck?  Dook dook dook!)
Orion (POOF!  I smelled it too! Dook cluck cluck dook!)
Venus (Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, chitter, chitter)
Eros  (Hey, looky here!  Chomp!  Lick, smack, chitter, dook!)
Sola  (I'm a lady.  I'm just gonna play jungle ferret in the high grass.
       Dookers!)