From:
"Jamison, Paul E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:36:57 -0600
Donna Sparks asked:
>what tips and tricks for taking good ferret photos?  special tips for ones
>you want to webify vs the print kind?  there are clearly some really great
>ones in the screensaver files.

I'd be interested in learning more about this, too.  My girlfriend's two
fuzzies, Al and Peggy, are getting up there in ferret years, and we really
need to get some good photos taken of them for posterity.  I've seen
portrait photographers advertise in the phone book that they do pets;
would that be a good way to go?  Or are there disposable cameras on the
market that can take good close-up pictures?

Changing the subject abruptly, Capt. Nodrog said:

>As to the Rainbow Bridge, I saw on PBS a show on bridges, and they had in
>China a famous bridge called just that.  ...  Now, I wonder how this
>famous bridge has come to be associated, if at all, with how we use the
>term Rainbow Bridge here?  Any clues?

I've not heard of this bridge in China (which is probably my loss).  It
likely has little or no relation to the Rainbow Bridge that we know and
love.  It may be that "our" Rainbow Bridge is related to Bifrost of Norse
Mythology, if only as a passageway to a happy Afterlife.  There's no big
Scandinavian galoot guarding the Bridge against little animals, as far as
I know (and if there were, the ferrets would frustrate him to no end,
wouldn't they?).

I have no idea who first blessed us with the Legend of the Rainbow Bridge.
I would guess that they chose the rainbow for its beauty and color, and
because it kind of looks like a bridge.  A bridge made from a rainbow must
be a special one, and the journey to Heaven with the little ones that we
love so much needs a special bridge.

Paul E. Jamison