Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:19:25 -0500
I just heard back from a VERY nice lady at Petco (Brooke Gonzales) about
Modern Ferret.  (I left a message over the weekend expressing my
disappointment that they no longer carry that magazine).

She explained that the distributor who originally carried it is no longer
in business, and neither Petco nor Modern Ferret have the means to
distribute the magazine to a 500-store chain like Petco.  However, they
are trying to work a deal with their current magazine distributor (Fancy
Publications) to carry Modern Ferret.

I said to Brooke, "Gee, do you think they might be hesitant to do that,
since they have their own ferret publications?", but she assured me that
Fancy Publications already serves as a distributor for other competitors'
publications.  Also, she said that other distributors in the past have
purchased and stocked their competitors' products for Petco.

Brooke said that she has gotten a LOT of complaints from readers about
Petco no longer stocking Modern Ferret, and she is urging those people to
contact Fancy Publications directly so that Fancy realizes the demand for
this magazine.  She asked me to please write to them at the following
address:

Fancy Publications
Re: Modern Ferret
P.O. Box 57900
Los Angeles, CA  90057

Brooke said that she would be happy to address any followup questions or
concerns.  She works for Petco, and her phone number is 858-784-3419.
She's very friendly, polite and helpful, and seemed very eager to help us
ferret owners get our beloved magazine back on her stores' shelves! :->

- Ela