From:
Jennifer Halbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 02:45:44 -0800
Hello,
Just a quick question and update.  Annika's bloodwork came back showing
nothing exciting in mid-January, the vet and I decided that since she had
remained at a "steady" weight within less then a 75 gram flux for almost 2
months that it was time to spay her.  She came through the surgery well,
(although until I arrived they could not get her warmed up...I basically
wore every warm sweater I had and put her next to my skin...) she continued
not to want to eat hard food (kibble)... as per the vet's instructions I
did not stop feeding her the mush.  One day about 9 days after the surgery
I woke up late and did not have time to feed her before class, when I got
home about an hour and a half later I found her head firmly buried in her
food bowl munching away.  I still offered her wet food for the next week
but she gradually started to reject the mush and has now been eating kibble
for a month and a bit, we have had no weight-loss problems.  So problem one
solved!

Now for the question: I remember someone questioning whether or not Zupreem
Ferret Food was good for ferrets because of the high protien content.  I
can't remember when it was, but I am wondering what the generally consensus
about this food is?  Yes this is the food that Annika finally decided to
eat, and I am fearful of trying to change her food again, but if this is
not good for her we will have to work something out.  I suppose that
because it is a fairly new food that there is not much information out
about it, but anyone's experience or concerns etc would be greatly
appriciated.

Thanks
Our prayers are will all the sick ferrets, and all the ferret parents
who have recently suffered a loss.

Jenn and annika