From:
Jacquie Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:52:09 -0700
I received the following email from West Valley Wuzzles in Phoenix, AZ
announcing their new ferret-cam and was soooo surprised at what I saw!!!
It's quite a treat to be able to watch the 'adoptables' romping and playing
with each other in streaming video!!!  Hope you enjoy the link as much as
I have:

(copied from email) "It's finally here!  After two weeks worth of work and
lots of different configurations, we've finally been able to put together a
Wuzzle Web Cam!

The camera will deliver streaming video of different places around our
shelter.  Currently the camera is fixed to the pen on our back patio, the
place where everyone gets to run at least once a day, usually during the
evenings.  Sorry about the lighting, but hopefully I'll be able to improve
that as time goes by.  Video might also be better during the day when
sunlight fills the enclosed patio.

Here's the link to the Wuzzle Cam! page:
http://www.wuzzles.com/ferrets/wuzzle_cam/

With the addition of the Web Cam, we also have a new Chat Room for everyone
to enjoy.  It currently allows for up to ten users to discuss whatever
topics they wish, hopefully about ferrets.  That link can be found here:
http://wuzzles.dyndns.org:8888/chat

Both of these services are being produced by the WebCam32 software being
run on one of our local machines.  As more users begin viewing the video or
using chat, the response will slow down somewhat.  I'm currently on a 256K
connection, so that should serve most of you who have 56K dialup
connections.

I am also working on delivering streaming audio, both high and low
resolution format.  Not sure how good that will be since they usually don't
make too much noise, but first I need to evaluate the bandwidth use on our
current connection.

In any case, please let me know what you think and if you have any comments
or suggestions!  We'd love to hear them!

West Valley Wuzzles! Ferret Breeding
Operators: Kevin & Julie Groninga
http://www.wuzzles.com/ferrets/
mailto:[log in to unmask]