From:
"Vicki L. Henderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:30:10 -0500
Well, it has taken me a few days to be able to do this, but Buzz had to be
put to sleep Friday.  He had battled Insulinoma and Cardiomypathy, grew
extremely fat, so fat that it was thought he had Lymphoma also, since his
lymph nodes under his arm seemed to be the size of tennis balls.  It was
the hardest decision that I have ever had to make, but he told me he was
ready to go.  He had been steadily going downhill, he did have some good
moments after being diagnosed, but hasn't really had any good moments the
past couple of months.  Friday morning he appeared to be in great pain, and
refused his food and medication.  I couldn't see him go on like this any
longer.  I really couldn't believe how hard it was to have him put to
sleep, nor, how hard it is even to think about him right now.  He lived 9
mths longer than I expected, and many more months than the vets expected.
We did all that we could for him.  His insulinoma tumors were at least an
inch in diameter on his pancreas.  I have created a memorial page for him,
its at: http://www.geocities.com/vlh1/special.html

--
Vicki L. Henderson-aka-Ferret Fanatic
Ferret Xmas Ornaments: