From:
Julie Rathsack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:06:47 -0500
We used to go to a vet that lived about four blocks away from us.  He was
cold, uninformative and always seemed to be in a rush.  One day during
Baby's checkup (our 2 year old male ferret), the vet told us that he had an
irregular heartbeat.  We asked what that meant and all he would give us is
"it could be serious, and it could be nothing".  THANKS JERK!  That was the
final straw.

I go to a local pet shop called Wonderland.  This place is terrific and
seems to specialize in ferrets.  The lady who works there has helped me out
many times with questions when I've called her.  She's very informed and
has given me great advice on the "How to's" of ferrets.  Well she told me
that a place called the Wyoming Animal Hospital is wonderful with ferrets.
I called.

We started to see Dr. Linda Kofmann.  She is WONDERFUL!  She treated our
ferrets like they were her own.  She has had ferrets and I believe still
does.  She is informative and caring.  Within the first thirty seconds she
held my ferret, she rubbed noses with him, talked to him in "baby talk",
and basically treated him like he deserves to be treated.  Instead of his
normal squirming, he sat still.  He even sat on her shoulders as we had a
discussion about his irregular heartbeat.  She told me that Baby's heart
skips a beat every once in awhile.  It's not a murmur.  It's called a
eurythmia.  She has seen several ferrets with the same thing.  It's usually
brought on when ferrets get excited.  She told me that she wasn't at all
convinced that it was abnormal and that she didn't think it would effect
Baby's health or lifespan.  Then she gave us something our past vet NEVER
gave us.... options (such as getting X-Rays).

From that moment on, we have switched over our dog and two other ferrets to
Dr. Kofmann.  On top of all this... we found out that we get a 10% discount
since we have over three pets going there.  :o)

Good luck!  Email me if you have any more questions.

Julie & her Bubbas
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Park/2037/BubbaLand.html