From:
"Nancy Hartman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 1991 15:27:34 -0400
[Chris, please get this out ASAP!  Thanks!]

[Nancy, please give me a little more notice!  Thanks!  ;-)]

Ferret Fest 1991

The Delaware Valley Ferret Club's first annual picnic, "Ferret Fest 1991"
is to be  held Sunday, June 23, 1991, at the Walter S. Carpenter Jr.
State Park in Newark, Delaware.  This will be a great opportunity
for all the Delaware Valley ferrets to show off their humans,
and to engage in some lighthearted frivolities.

Some of the planned events include tube runs, and bag escapes.  For the
not so athletically inclined ferrets, we will have a beauty contest
with winners for longest tail, lightest jill, and heaviest hob.
Tell your humans to get busy, because we will also be having a "Best
dressed Ferret" contest.  For the leisure ferret we will have
an "Olympic sized wading pool" available for cooling off.  There
will be ribbons and prizes for all catagories.

The Lehigh Valley Ferret Rescue will be there, with many of their ferrets
for adoption.  There will be at least one breeder there with some new
kits.  And there will be many ferret items for sale.  So if you are
interested in adding a new member to your family, or want some new
merchandise for the ones you already have, this is a great opportunity!

The festivities will commence at 11 a.m., and will last throughout
the afternoon.  The picnic is free, but there will be a fee to
enter the park.  This fee is $2 per car, with Delaware license plate,
$4 per car, out of state.  The picnic is pot-luck, so everyone is
requested to bring the dish of their choice.  The DVFC will handle
eating utensils, plates, and beverages.

All ferrets, please bring your cage, leash, and plenty of fresh food
and water.  All ferrets who are currently in heat, or under nine
weeks old, please stay home.  It's for your own good.  Also, for
the safety of others, please remain home if you are ill, or have
ever tested positive for Allutians Disease.

Directions to the park:  From I-95, take the 896 North exit.  Follow
this road until it dead-ends at Main Street in Newark (about 3 miles).
Turn Left onto Main Street.  Almost immediately the road will make a
3-way fork, take the rightmost road.  You will now be back on 896 North.
Follow 896 for approximately 3 miles, the park entrance is on your right.
This is approximately one mile from the PA/MD border.  This is a
relatively small park, with only one pavilion, so you can't miss it!

For questions, comments, and suggestions please call me at
(215) 255-4436.  Also, PLEASE call if you want to help out!

- Nancy

--
Nancy Hartman                                   CIS graduate student
[log in to unmask]                                U. of Delaware