From:
Grace Davie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 00:59:00 -0700
Hello to all the fuzzies and there humans.

Linda, you might try how I get meds down my ferrets, cats, dogs, and
anything else with teeth that needs doctoring.  First grab a towel (for
small animals) or rug (for larger furkids) and proceed to roll m' up with
front feet down beside thier bodies.  You gotta do this fast!  And it must
be secure.  Have a friend help by holding the furkid.  This gives you 2
free hands.  Pry the furkids mouth open very carefully.  A popsicle stick
or wooden doctor thingy just inside one side of the mouth will help keep
his mouth open while you use a pair of loooong tweesers to put the pill on
the back of the tongue.  Close the furkids mouth after removing the stick
and rub his throut while holding his mouth closed till he swallows and
they will swallow.  Hope this helps.

As far as the Iams goes, if any of you have a feed store near you such as
IFA or Intermountain Farmers Assoc.  See if they have or can order Sunpro
Brand Catfood.  It is identical to Iams and is cheaper.  As well as easier
to find where I am.  The feedstore manager helped me when they ran out of
Iams and showed me the Sunpro.  I bought a bag and compared labels and
they are the same.  Anyone needing more info on this can email me.

Well enough for now. Sorry I was so long winded.
Hug Your Furkids, Gracie and the Menagerie