From:
June Batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 07:05:13 -0800
First, I have before described the declawing procedure on this list.  I
have assisted in the"procedure" more times than I care to admit, but I have
also discouraged MANY people not to do this, Annette, if you want to know
what is done I can explain it to you.  Bottom line it is barbaric.

Canine distemper is primarily spread by direct contact, coughing can spread
the virus over a SHORT distance.  Discharge from the nose is heavily
contaminated with that nasty little virus.  Most often CD is transmitted
through runny nose and eyes, It is ALSO shed in urine and feces.  Someone
mentioned it was airborne, but in reality the virus is short lived and does
not travel far.

June Louis and the zoo