From:
John Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 22:46:02 -0600
Hello everyone,
Here's my 2 cents.

For nearly 30 years I have made my living by selling higher priced quality
items as opposed to worrying about meeting the cheapest price.  My response
when someone says they can get it cheaper is to compliment my competitor on
knowing what his/her product is worth.  I accept the fact that I won't sell
the "price buyer".  I'm certainly not the only businessperson to do this.
Ever heard of Acura, BMW, Cadillac, Jaguar, Lexus, Lincoln or Mercedes???
Do they lower their quality simply because they sell in the same
marketplace as Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi, Nissan,
Toyota and Volkswagen???

Assuming P&G will lower Iams' quality is showing anti-business prejudice.
Because I care, I will watch the label but I will not assume the worst
until some change occurs.  The 9 ferrets I care most about have the option
of Iams Kitten, Eukanuba Kitten or Totally Ferret.  4 prefer Iams Kitten.
It's not a matter of price.  It's a matter of healthy, happy furrfaces.

A couple more cents.

In yesterday's FML a comment was made about PETA trying to get P&G to stop
testing on animals.  This is NOT intended to flame the poster or to start
a thread on PETA or animal testing.  It IS intended to offer another view
regarding the accuracy and attitude of the source.

On Tuesday evening one of the Peoria, IL TV newscasts showed a commercial
produced and paid for by PETA suggesting that college students forget the
"Got Milk?" ads and start drinking beer.  Occasionally the Peoria Journal
Star newspaper issues a "Thumbs Up" or a "Thumbs Down" on the editorial
page regarding some current issue.  The "Thumbs Down" which appeared today
says something about the organization quoted.  This is the article without
alteration or comment.  Draw your own conclusions.

"Page A4 Thursday, March 16, 2000   Journal Star - A Copley Newspaper"
"('Thumbs Down' drawing) - To People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals,
for a truly tasteless effort to persuade college students to switch from
milk to beer.... the group's callousness to the effects of alcohol misuse
on the lives and health of college students, too many of whom have already
made beer their beverage of choice and are the worse off for it.  Once
again PETA proves correct those who take it to task for caring more for
4-legged creatures than for human beings...

John Gordon in Pekin, IL (suburb of Peoria) where the saying "Will it =
Play in Peoria?" has been taken seriously since the days of Vaudeville. =
We aren't "Right" coast or "Left" coast - we represent the balanced =
"Middle" west.

P.S.  Buddy's fur is getting thick and beautiful :-)))))))