From:
Laura Fernando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:35:21 -0600
Hello Friends!

I knew that subject line would get your attention.  I just wanted to let
you know something important.  I found a "Ferret Starter Kit" on the
Petopia site that comes with Cedar Bedding.  Attached is the e-mail I send
to their customer service department.  I believe that it explains it all.
Let me just say that I was briefly swayed by the $20 coupon (don't think
I'm alone out there) but now both my feet are firmly back on the ground and
I am off to "The Ferret Store."  You may send any comments to the address
above, or to "[log in to unmask]" or post on the FML - it's my morning
paper and I read it religiously.

"While shopping your site for ferret products, I came across the "Hagen
Ferret Starter Kit", UPC 1556160450, which comes with a cage, cedar
bedding, food, and other supplies for around $60.  This is of great concern
to me as a ferret owner as cedar bedding is very dangerous to a ferret's
delicate respiratory system.  The use of cedar bedding can bring about
serious respiratory problems.  I urge you to investigate this further and
remove it from your recommendations of ferret related products.

I was shopping your site at this time because I had received a coupon from
Petco for $20 off a $30 order.  No discount can encourage me to shop a site
which I feel is recommending harmful products.  I have ordered from you
recently, and that cannot be changed, but I will not order from you in the
future until all references listing cedar as an appropriate bedding for
ferrets are removed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this request.  I look forward to
hearing from you soon regarding this matter.

Best Regards,

Laura Fernando"