From:
Barry Olanoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 18:13:13 -0500
This is my first posting on the network.  My ferret "Fumar" was diagnosed
with adrenal problems in December 1999.  It was done with a urine test.
The symptom was hair loss on the both sides on the hindquarters.  She is
about 4 and a half years old.

As I am retired on a fixed income I could not afford the ultrasound test or
surgery.  It was agreed on by my vet and myself to let "Fumar" live out the
rest of her life until it becomes a situation where she is suffering.  At
this time her vulva showed no sign of problems and still does not.

She eats only Totally Ferret and some Ferret Bite treats.  After the
diagnosis I put her on a daily regimen of Ferretone which I give her daily
by syringe.  Her hair returned and now in her winter coat shows no sign of
hair loss.  The tail is also fine.

I am not sure how long adrenal problems takes to become life threatening.
She is doing fine, eating well, drinking well and as playful as she always
was.  This is appx.  3 months after diagnosis.  She still weighs her normal
1 and a half pounds.

If someone could give me the timetable of this disease I would appreciate
it.

You can contact me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Barry & Fumar