From:
Diane Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 19:57:55 -0900
I have a male ferret that was rescued from a cat kennel in an apartment.
The tenant moved out and left him there.  No food, water or litter box.
The landlord did not know what it was when he found him.  When he came to
me he was in terrible shape.  Over the last few years he has done well in
spite of adrenal surgery early last year.  About 2 months ago, he started
eating less than he needed to maintain a healthy weight.  Off to the vet
he went and after blood work and x rays, they could find nothing abnormal
besides a low glucose reading and a growth of bacteria in his stool.  No
diarhea.  He vomits whenever he takes in food or water.  Lots of foamy
white, flemmy stuff.  We started amoxi-drops and pepcid ac but so far
nothibg seems to help.  When he eats and sometimes when he drinks, you can
hear his tummy rumbling like a mini volcano.  He has been taken off the
amoxi drops thinking that is what is helping to aggrevate his tummy.  Lucky
has wasted before my eyes and I can not think of anything else to try.  The
vet is also dumbfounded.  She is not my normal vet.  Dr. Maddox is out of
the office for about another 2-3 weeks.

Please, I would welcome any and all ideas.  One of the tests that was run
indicated a potential liver disfunction.  I just need to help him get the
vomitting under control.  Can anybody offer me ideas to try.

Thanks,
Diana and The Ferret Farm