From:
"Christopher A. Frick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 13:37:30 -0500
Hi all,
Well, yesterday was pretty scary for me.  I took all the pets in for shots
(one cat and the two ferts) at 10:45 am.  I kept thinking to myself, "there
hasn't been a problem in the past, so why should there be one now?  I don't
need to wait here for 30 min.  the vet is only 10 minutes away." Turns out
I should have.  Right when I got home and let the little guys out, Chopper
(4 and 1/2 years old) went straight for his cage and started puking.  Crap!
So, I gathered both of them (incase Betty developed problems, and also to
keep her brother company) and drove like a mad-man back to the vet.
Chopper did indeed have a reaction to the vaccine/s and I was instructed to
leave them there for observation and shots for a couple of hours.  I called
around 2 pm to check on Chopper.  I was told that they were doing good and
would be ready to be picked up around 3 if everything went fine from there.
Picked them up at about 3:30 and they were bouncy and bright-eyed like they
should be.  They got treats when they got home, but mostly wanted to go to
sleep and take naps.

Moral of story: ALWAYS wait for at least a half-hour in the office after
getting your guys shots!!

Dooks to all,
Chris, slave of weasel