From:
tina wagsatff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 13:25:34 -0800
Well since I've been lurking in the shadows way too long it's time I
introduced myself and my crew.  I'll start with myself and then get to
the important people.  My name is Tina, I'm from Provo Utah, and I've
had ferrets for about a year now, boy I didn't know what I was in for
but wouldn't change a thing.  The first ferrets I had real contact with
belonged to my roommate but I found a baby at the pet store while getting
food that I had to give a home to.  Thus ended my simple life, Spaz was now
on the scene.  I had recently had a severe injury that left me jobless and
homebound for the last year and a half so Spaz helped me to combat the
depression that comes from an active person being forced into inactivity.
Spaz is a MF sable female that was named for her actions and personality.
Next on the scene was Maggie who I got through a rescue about a year ago.
She was three years old and I don't know where she came from.  When I got
her she weighed about a pound and her hair was thin from the cheap food she
had.  She hadn't been let out of her cage for about two years and had never
been with other ferrets.  Since I've had her she's learned to play with
toys and other fert siblings though it took about 9 months.  Nipper come
when my roommates ferret died and was supposedly for her but she didn't
really want her and I loved her from the start.  She is a MF sable with the
longest coat I've ever seen, it makes her look twice her size.  Thinking
that three ferts were plenty I settled in to enjoy them when ferret math
struck.  Again I was going to the pet store to get food and there was these
two little eyes connected to an almost black face the wrapped my heart at
first glance and I came home from a weekend trip with JJ.  JJ is a MF
almost pure black ferret who, as the youngest, has put new life into all
of the others.

I've told others that having ferrets is like having cute two year olds
running around but even they suprise me sometimes.  A few days ago I went
looking for the crew and couldn't find JJ or Maggie.  After a half hour of
searching I happen to see Nipper go through a hole in the side of the couch
that wasn't there two days before.  Inside the couch were the two missing
ferets but also a shirt that I noticed missing the day before.  I checked
the couch out and found that there was no way for my babies to be crushed
short of putting the couch down on them so I made it easy for them to get
through the hole and so I can get them out if I had to and let them have
their new "toy" back.  Just so you know, because of plywood under the seat
because of broken springs there is no sinking when some one sits down so
that is why I felt safe letting them play under it.  Thank you so much for
this list, I have learned so many things about what to do and not to do
being a first time mom.