Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 01:36:13 -0700
From:
Brad Arendt <[log in to unmask]>
I hope some of you out there have experience with this and can provide some
advice.... We just moved in to a new home and have a room all set up for
the three fuzzies (Hobbes, Susie and Elmo).  Now since we have a yard and
room for a dog my wife and I would like to get one.  The question is what
breed(s) do well with ferrets?  Or maybe I should ask which breeds do not
do well with them?

There is no question we will continue to love our little babies just as
much as the dog.  We both understand a lot of time will be needed to train
both the dog and the ferrets.  We both have experience with labs and would
like to get one that is at least a year old (just like our fuzzies, we will
not buy from the pet store - too many dogs to be adopted!).  All three of
our fuzz butts have been around my dad's lab and got along famously with
him.  Hobbes has also been around my mother-in-laws lab and even let the
lab carry him in his mouth.  It was surpassing to see the lab be so gentle.
Slobbered like crazy but never hurt him once in the two weeks they were
together.  Aside from these experiences that is all we know.  I am very
curious to hear what others out there have to say! :)

Brad, Kelly and the Idaho three
(Hobbes, Susie and Elmo)