Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 14:25:15 EST
From:
James & Di Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Hi All,

>From:    Melissa H <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ear/leg connection?

>Do ferrets have the same reflex as dogs, the one that makes a dog's back
>leg scratch when you rub a certain spot?

actually does this, his name is Farley.  He is a rickett ferret, he is
about a year and a bit.  Originally he came from a shelter and had a
problem with scratching and nibbling his front legs as a outlet for boredom
and lack of attention.  Once he had a decent, loving home he stopped this
and to this day he still has a soft spot for between his front legs on his
chest.

The point of all this is when you hit just the right spot his back leg goes
like crazy!!!!  The other two really are not impressed with cuddling,
petting, scritching or otherwise too much handling.

So I don't think that this is a completely uncommon thing in ferrets and
seems to happen in other mammals as well.  I have had a cat in the past who
used to do this, usually a few moments before latching onto your arm and
hanging on like a demon.

James, Di, Penny (the Princess), Tuppence (the Dull) and Farley (the
toothsome terror!)