Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 12:04:23 -0600
From:
Erin Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Hey all, I was a little behind on reading the FML so I thought I'd post to
some of the questions answered.  Basically, my guys love any kind of toy
they can get, but having found in the past that anything rubber, gets
chewed up a lot, we stick to mostly those loud obnoxious plastic balls and
wheels.  We do have some rubber things that they haven't chewed up (chewed
on though!) they have three prongs, they are ridged and come in different
colors.  I don't remember where we got them.  But I recently adopted a
ferret and she has one of those ropes you give a dog, she loves it!
carries it around, moves it around the cage, puts it in the litter box.
hehe And Teddy Bear found her catnip mouse and steals it from her so we
bought her her own.  She buried it and was happy.

As for scritching, most of my ferrets love the shoulders, some of them love
their butts to be scritched, my cat loves his cheeks to be scritched.  Some
of my fuzz like their ears scritched.

We've been trying to introduce the new adoptee to the rest of the group,
most of the others get along with her with an occasional pouncing and
wrestle but Teddy Bear (the youngest girl and the third one we got) just
actively tries to beat her up.  Poor Stitches tries to hide amongst the
others but Teddy Bear digs her way through, grabs her and pulls her out
just to beat on her.  Well, we gave a cardboard box as a bed and she hoped
in there with the two oldest and refused to come out!  hehe I guess she won
because I would hear a bunch of screaming then Teddy Bear would hop out and
then Stitches would stick her nose out and have a smug expression.  So once
we no longer here too much screaming, we let them be for awhile and then
when I decide it's time for me to go to bed I put Stitches back in her own
cage which is sitting right next to them.

At first we noticed that Stitches would only fight when she got stepped on,
that was after I decided that every time they fought I'd make them lick
ferretone off of each other, that worked for about 2 hours until they
decided to fight again. heh  But then it was only when she got stepped on,
that seems to have stopped and it's just Teddy Bear trying to beat her up.
But I think it shouldn't be too long now for her to be integrated.  However
it will be a shame once she gets into the big cage with them all because
all of the ferret toys end up on the bottom of the cage.  or in the litter
box.  And she has such CUTEEE toys.